Wednesday, October 3rd, 2007

$10M bond set for Richey
OTTAWA -- A U.S.-British citizen who spent 20 years on death row after he was convicted of setting a fire that killed a 2-year-old girl appeared in court Tuesday for the first time since his guilty verdict was overturned.
more >>
Stay downtown, Hancock County officials urged
As Hancock County officials decide what to do now that several government buildings are uninhabitable, Findlay representatives are voicing their own opinion: Stay downtown.
more >>
Findlay plan to raze five homes advances
Five homes in Findlay's flood plain should be coming down soon.
more >>
Findlay library: 'Long way to go' before reopening
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library Board of Trustees members learned Tuesday that the earliest date that the main library could open to the public would probably be early November.
more >>
Police service under criticism again
NORTH BALTIMORE -- North Baltimore Village Council, at its Tuesday meeting, heard another citizen complain about inadequate service by the North Baltimore Police Department.
more >>
Cooper forming venture with Mexican firm
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. on Monday along with Corporacion de Occidente SA de CV, a Mexican tire manufacturer, announced the formation of a 50-50 joint venture company in Mexico.
more >>
Bridge relocation project discussed
Plans to replace a historic wrought iron bridge near Riverbend Recreation Area with a wooden covered bridge were detailed Tuesday night.
more >>
Sewer system financing sought
FOSTORIA — Fostoria City Council on Tuesday approved a resolution to allow Safety Service Director Bill Rains to enter into a water pollution control loan agreement through the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (OEPA).
more >>
Public Record
more >>
Local News

$10M bond set for Richey


Associated Press Writer

OTTAWA -- A U.S.-British citizen who spent 20 years on death row after he was convicted of setting a fire that killed a 2-year-old girl appeared in court Tuesday for the first time since his guilty verdict was overturned.

And his lawyer used the hearing -- where bond was set at $10 million pending a retrial -- to give a judge a snapshot of why he thinks Kenneth Richey was wrongly convicted.

“The entire trial will be dramatically different this time,” said defense attorney Ken Parsigian.

Richey, 43, will have a second chance at freedom because a federal appeals court in August ruled that his former lawyer mishandled his case and ordered that Richey receive a new trial or be released.

Prosecutors plan to try to seek another death sentence at a trial expected to start as soon as January.

The state’s case, Parsigian said, has become much weaker over the past 20 years, while Richey’s case has grown stronger.

He suggested the victim, Cynthia Collins of Columbus Grove, may have been the one who started the fire, saying the child had twice before started fires that were put out by firefighters.

“She was fascinated with matches,” Parsigian said. “That never came up at trial.”

Prosecutors said Richey set the blaze in Columbus Grove to get even with his former girlfriend, who lived in the same apartment building as the toddler who died.

Four of the girl’s family members, wearing T-shirts and buttons with her picture, sat somberly at the hearing but left without speaking.

Putnam County Prosecutor Gary Lammers said the case against Richey is still strong even though some witnesses have died and memories have faded.

Without revealing many details, he pointed out that witnesses say they heard Richey threaten to burn down the apartment building hours before the fire began.

“He had motive and opportunity,” Lammers said.

But Parsigian said experts who originally testified that the 1986 fire was arson used nonscientific methods to determine that gas or turpentine started the fire, Parsigian said.

He also said it was hard to believe that Richey, who was drunk and had his arm in a sling on the night of the fire, could have carried gas canisters and climbed onto a balcony as prosecutors contended at his trial.

On top of that, Parsigian criticized how authorities handled some of the evidence.

Carpet from the apartment where the fire started was stored in a dump and then outdoors near a gas pump before investigators tested it and found traces of gas, he said.

“This is a case where the evidence wasn’t overwhelming the first time,” he said.

Lammers argued Tuesday that Richey should not be granted bail and asked that it be set at $25 million, if at all. He said Richey made threats against witnesses and law enforcement officials during his previous trial and has since made other threats.

Visiting Judge Alan Travis set the bail and ordered that Richey be placed under 24-hour house arrest if released.

To be freed from jail on bail, Richey would need to come up with 10 percent of the bond amount, or $1 million. “We’re going to try to raise the money,” Parsigian said, while acknowledging that it will be difficult because Richey’s family doesn’t have it.

Richey, who has drawn support from members of the British Parliament and the late Pope John Paul II, showed up at the hearing in Putnam County Common Pleas Court clean-shaven and paunchy, in contrast to the thin, handsome man with a mustache who was tried 20 years ago.

He never smiled, even when his family mouthed words of encouragement and tried to make him laugh.

He spoke only once, when the judge asked if he understood that, if he was released, he wasn’t to have contact with witnesses.

Richey responded, “Yes sir,” a trace of Scottish accent apparent.

Later, as he was led out of court in handcuffs, Richey declared: “Pretty good day.”

He spent about five minutes after the hearing talking with family members, including his father, brother and 21-year-old son, Sean Richey.

His father, James Richey, carried a pair of shoes and his brother brought a blue polo and a pair of tan trousers with the tags still attached, hoping Richey would be able to wear them out of the courthouse.

But James Richey said he was happy to at least see his son have another day in court.

“It’s just nice to be able to touch him and have contact with him,” he said.

Back To Headlines

Stay downtown, Hancock County officials urged



As Hancock County officials decide what to do now that several government buildings are uninhabitable, Findlay representatives are voicing their own opinion: Stay downtown.

“We want to make sure the county offices stay downtown,” said City Councilman Jim Slough. “We would really hate to lose the downtown offices.”

Especially, he said, since the August flood has already cost Findlay’s downtown some businesses. Keeping the county government downtown would help keep business there, he said.

Hancock County officials don’t know what they’re going to do yet, but they say a decision needs to be made quickly.

They met with the city of Findlay representatives this week to discuss the possibility of reviving a plan to create a downtown campus for city and county government offices.

Officials said there has been no better time to discuss the subject than now. Several county buildings were damaged so severely in the flood that government offices are now operating out of temporary units.

County and city officials plan to form an ad hoc committee to review plans hatched years ago for a government campus.

“We let the city know we have to move fairly quickly,” said County Commissioner Phillip Riegle. “We can’t wait for potential dominoes to fall over the next year or so.”

The county already owns property on County Road 140, so building government offices there is an option. But both city and county officials have expressed an interest in keeping the county offices close to where they are now.

For now, the waterlogged county buildings don’t appear to be salvageable.

The damage to all of them amounted to more than half the value of the buildings. That means the buildings would either have to be elevated or flood-proofed to meet insurance regulations -- if they are to stay open. Officials have expressed doubts that it would be economically feasible to do that.

That leaves the commissioners with at least five buildings with undecided futures -- three buildings along South Main Street, at 320, 322 and 326; the public defender offices which faced Dorney Plaza; and the building on Main Cross Street that housed adult probation, the county health department and the Hancock County Board of Elections.

While the commissioners work on making those decisions, they are also searching for office space in which to house the displaced offices. The temporary units they’re operating from now are expensive, and will not be adequate shelter in cold weather.

Leasing office space will be another temporary solution, and a permanent one has to come fast.

The future of the county offices depend, in part, on how well the city and county work together, and if they can cooperate on a plan that benefits both of them.

“It’s essential for the city of Findlay and the Hancock County Commissioners to work together on this issue,” Councilman Slough said, “and to find a solution that is amenable to both sides.”

Riegle said he thinks the city is willing to work with the county, and they plan to meet again this week to look over the drafts of the campus idea that were drawn up a few years ago.

There is no more time to lose.

“Let me put it this way: We can’t be sitting here next year talking about it,” Riegle said.

Contact Staff Writer Michelle Reiter at: (419) 427-8497

Back To Headlines

Findlay plan to raze five homes advances



Five homes in Findlay's flood plain should be coming down soon.

Findlay City Council voted unanimously Tuesday night to give Mayor Tony Iriti the authority to sign a grant agreement with the federal government that will allow the city to purchase five homes hit by last winter's flooding.

The city will demolish the flood-prone houses and return their lots to green space. The federal grant is for $289,000 and will require an $83,103 match from the city.

The five homes had flood insurance, and had been hit repeatedly by past floods.

The properties are at 506 E. High St., 532 E. High St., 600 E. High St., 1021 Linden Ave. and 103 Taylor St.

There is no clear timeline on when the homes may actually come down. An independent contractor will have to appraise the homes and the appraisal will have to be approved by the state before the city can make a purchase offer.

"I'm hoping we would be able to (demolish the homes) by the end of the year," Iriti said earlier Tuesday.

The city also spent $13,500 of its own money last May to purchase and demolish a flood-prone home at 1017 Linden Ave.

Meanwhile, Iriti and his staff met with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) representatives Tuesday morning about the prospect of seeking more federal funding to acquire other homes in the flood plain.

City leaders are hoping to get expedited federal grant money for local homes that are in the flood plain, and were "substantially damaged" in the August flood (homes that suffered damage totaling at least half of their value).

If this federal money is approved, those homes could be purchased by the city and demolished, or the current owners could keep them and use the federal money to raise them above the 100-year flood level.

The deadline to submit a "pre-application" for this grant program is Oct. 12. If the grant process is successful, it will probably take the city between four and six months to get the money.

Federal grant money also may be available to purchase or raise up other homes that weren't "substantially damaged."

This would be a longer process; it would have to be determined if those homes have been hit by multiple floods in the past, and the total amount of the damages.

"If they are not 'substantially damaged,' then we have to do cost-benefit analysis," Iriti said earlier Tuesday.

Contact staff writer John Graber at:

(419) 427-8417

Back To Headlines

Findlay library: 'Long way to go' before reopening


staff writer

Findlay-Hancock County Public Library Board of Trustees members learned Tuesday that the earliest date that the main library could open to the public would probably be early November.

"The reason we're not in yet is because we still have no phones, no Internet and no network capability" in the building, which sustained a hefty amount of flood damage in August, said Director Sybil Galer.

Phone lines, heating and cooling units and other systems which were located in the structure's basement were destroyed and will take time to replace.

"It will be a minimum of two weeks before we have phone and Internet capabilities," she said Tuesday.

In the meantime, library customers can still check out books and use the Internet at the library's Arlington branch, and can check out and return books at the library's Bookmobile, which has added area stops.

Customers "are finding us. They're a little confused about where (the bookmobile) is. Arlington is not as busy as we thought it would be," Galer noted.

"We are checking in a lot of material. It will be a lot easier as soon as we have the book drop open and the network back up."

The book drop is out of commission because of flooring that needs to be replaced.

According to Galer, they hope to have a more firm move-in timeline by the next board meeting, which will be held in two weeks.

"I know that John Q. Public walking by can't understand why we're not open. But we have a lot of hurdles to deal with," noted board President Ed Railing. "We've still got a long way to go and I think we've got a good start."

Although the library has flood insurance and is working with state government officials and FEMA for additional financial assistance to cover costs, the trustees on Tuesday heard the first big bill received for a flood-related service.

Recovery Construction Services, which gutted the basement and aired out the first floor to prevent mold from creeping in, is charging $482,210. The trustees agreed, at the request of the company, to make an initial $100,000 payment from the library's coffers, which will ultimately be reimbursed by insurance.

Galer admitted that the bill is big, but said the company's services "were worth it. They got on it, they got it done (by the first week of September), and with them going through that process as quickly as they could with it ... it preserved our $3 million collection" of books and other materials that were located in the 45,000-square-foot basement and the 24,000-square-foot first floor, she said.

"There is no mold and the air quality is excellent. They did a top notch job for us," Galer said.

Also Tuesday, the board decided to hire Charles Construction as general laborer for continuing recovery work. The firm will be working with FEMA engineers to relocate the building's heating and cooling system and rebuild parts of the structure that were damaged.

FEMA will be helping with projects that insurance won't be covering, according to Galer, like alterations that need to be made to the building to help prevent future flood damage.

While the foundation remained solid, "the heating is a huge issue," particularly with cold weather soon to set in, Galer said.

Potential new locations for the HVAC system include the roof or the first floor, but no final decision has been made.

"We're figuring out which ideas are practical and achievable," Galer said.

Reconfiguration plans, in terms of where offices will be located and what will go in the basement, are moving forward as well. For instance, Galer said the basement will primarily contain meeting rooms, furniture and items that can be easily moved in the event of another flood. The Friends of the Library book cellar will return there too.

"Industrial chic," with porcelain and cement, will be the basic design style for easy cleanup and less potential damage.

The trustees praised prisoners from the Hancock County Jail, some of whom helped gut areas of the building, saving the library time and money, along with a local individual who recently donated $5,000 to the library's flood relief fund.

"We are so ready to be back in, but we just have to take it step by step," Galer concluded.

Library updates and bookmobile information can be found at Those who would like to donate money to the library's flood recovery efforts can make checks out to Findlay-Hancock County Public Library, marked flood relief. Checks and cash are being accepted at the 5/3 Bank in a special fund.

Contact staff writer Joy Brown at:

(419) 427-8496

Back To Headlines

Police service under criticism again


staff writer

NORTH BALTIMORE -- North Baltimore Village Council, at its Tuesday meeting, heard another citizen complain about inadequate service by the North Baltimore Police Department.

J.W. Hill, who lives at the corner of Cherry and Second streets, said youths had been driving recklessly near his residence and endangering the lives of his children and others in the neighborhood. But Hill said that when he took down license plate numbers and complained to acting Police Chief Mike Trout, he “blew me off, was rude to me and said there was nothing he could do about it.”

After the fourth such incident on his street, Hill said he located the perpetrators himself and had another police officer talk to them about it. No further incidents have taken place since then.

Council member Mike Julien pointed out that officers often issue “warnings” to people, like those violating the town’s loud noise law, after hearing complaints about them from residents, and asked Village Solicitor Chester Marcin if the same could have applied to Hill’s situation. Marcin said when Hill made the initial complaint, Trout could have legally issued a simple warning to the drivers to deter them.

Mayor Ned Sponsler requested that Hill fill out a written complaint for the record.

Hill’s complaint is one of several that have been made this year by village residents, spurring an internal investigation of the village police department and Chief Gerald Perry II, which remains ongoing.

Perry was placed on paid administrative leave on July 25, and the department’s policies and procedures have been looked into amidst accusations by people about alleged mishandling of local criminal cases by the department. One case involved Perry’s daughter.

Village Administrator Kathy Healy said the investigation has yet to reach a conclusion because “we’re doing it right according to the code and the manner in which it needs to be done. You don’t know what’s involved in investigating a classified (public) employee. We have to follow the state statute” and must be careful about taking the proper steps in the proper order, she maintained.

“This isn’t 'Law and Order.’ This doesn’t just happen in one segment,” Healy said.

According to Healy, Perry was interviewed Monday night by the private investigator the village has hired. The village’s “management consultants” of Clemens, Nelson & Associates on Tuesday received the last pieces of information from the investigation, and will then be offering their advice to Sponsler on how to proceed.

If Sponsler thinks any disciplinary action against Perry must be taken, the chief is entitled to a hearing before council, either in public or in executive session.

In other business Tuesday, council discussed several property owners’ concerns about AEP’s proposed substation expansion on East Broadway Street. Healy said the village hasn’t received a permit from the company to expand, but that it expects to receive details about the scope of the project by the end of the week.

She noted that in talking with AEP officials, the project will be contained on existing company property.

Residents are claiming it could adversely affect the neighborhood by lowering values, causing flooding and endangering residents’ health with “such a concentration of electrical power,” according to a petition sent to the Courier and signed by a dozen people.

Healy said AEP will follow laws and guidelines related to water drainage, but that it discounts any potential health hazards related to the expansion.

“Have they explained their need (to expand) to us?” asked Julien. “Obviously this is a two-way street. We need to be sensitive to the needs of our citizens and appreciate that our power grid in our area is somewhat lacking. With the potential for additional residences and commercial properties going in here, maybe this is necessitated. We need to find out exactly what their end result would be.”

Healy, who added the expansion project has nothing to do with the proposed CSX railroad intermodal yard on Ohio 18, said she would report back to council once she receives more information from AEP.

Finally, council approved Healy’s permanent hiring. She was initially hired in February at a $55,000 salary. Her raise, which includes additional money for being permanently retained and for purchasing land in order to move to the village, increased her salary to $57,500, retroactive to the first September pay period.

Contact staff writer Joy Brown at: (419) 427-8496

Back To Headlines

Cooper forming venture with Mexican firm

Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. on Monday along with Corporacion de Occidente SA de CV, a Mexican tire manufacturer, announced the formation of a 50-50 joint venture company in Mexico.

The new company, called Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. de Mexico SA de CV (Cooper Mexico), will be responsible for marketing, sales and distribution of the Cooper and Pneustone brands, as well as all other associate brand tires marketed by the two companies.

Currently, the Pneustone brand is the house brand of Corporacion de Occidente, which is a subsidiary of Grupo Dexel, a Mexican holding corporation with entities involved in transportation, LP gas distribution, auto parts, and construction equipment.

"This is a great opportunity to grow the Cooper brands in Mexico," said Phil Caris, vice president of sales and marketing for Cooper Tire's North American Tire Division.

"By partnering with Occidente, we gain access to retail channels in Mexico and leverage existing relationships that Pneustone Brand has established with dealers throughout that country. Our existing customers in Mexico will benefit with the localized warehousing and increased focus on that market."

The headquarters for "Cooper Mexico" will be located in Queretaro, Mexico.

In a related move, Cooper Tire has finalized a production arrangement with Corporacion de Occidente to produce certain radial passenger tires in that company's production facility in Guadalajara, Mexico.

The sourcing will be arranged in three phases, with a gradual ramp up to a targeted unit volume of nearly 2.5 million units per year.

Passenger radial tires will be produced under this arrangement for sale in the North American market as well as in Mexico.

Tire production is expected to begin in the fourth quarter of 2007.

Back To Headlines

Bridge relocation project discussed


Staff Writer

Plans to replace a historic wrought iron bridge near Riverbend Recreation Area with a wooden covered bridge were detailed Tuesday night.

An informational session hosted by the Hancock Park District was held at the Lodge at Riverbend Park.

The wrought iron bridge, located on Marion Township Road 241 over the Blanchard River, has absorbed the brunt of travel by farm equipment, school buses and other heavy vehicles since it was built in 1895.

"We knew someday, something had to be done," park district Director Tim Brugeman said.

The park district wants to move the iron bridge near an activities area at Riverbend. Grants and other funding sources are being sought for the relocation work.

John Smolen, a consulting design engineer and retired Ashtabula County engineer, said it was "very, very commendable" of Hancock County to preserve the old iron bridge.

He showed the audience slides of wooden bridges built recently in Union County.

Wooden bridges, Smolen said, are "aesthetically pleasing" and the wood resists the effects of road salt used during winter.

"Covered bridges have strikingly visual qualities," added David Simmons, editor of Timeline, a publication from the Ohio Historical Society, and president of the Ohio Historic Bridge Association.

He added that covered bridges serve as "a perfect drive-through history lesson" for our "auto-oriented society."

After the iron bridge is taken down, installing a two-lane wooden bridge would require about four months from the time materials are delivered to the site.

Timing will be critical in order to efficiently coordinate removing the old bridge and installing a new wooden covered bridge. Officials would like to get the work done next year.

Plans call for the iron bridge to first be towed by cranes from its current site and set down in a nearby field, where it will be disassembled.

It will then be moved about 1,000 yards upstream into the Riverbend Recreation Area where it will connect Big Oaks Activity area to the primitive campground site. The bridge would serve pedestrians and bicyclists who use the area. A historical marker would be installed at the site.

The new wooden bridge will meet modern standards for traffic travel, the experts said.

The new bridge has an estimated cost of $900,000. Federal highway money would pay for 95 percent of the cost, with the county engineer's office picking up the rest.

Contact staff writer Eric Schaadt at:

(419) 427-8414

Back To Headlines

Sewer system financing sought


Staff Writer

FOSTORIA — Fostoria City Council on Tuesday approved a resolution to allow Safety Service Director Bill Rains to enter into a water pollution control loan agreement through the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (OEPA).

The city will seek $340,000, as a supplement to $700,000 in funds already received by the city through the same program, which will be used to meet U.S. EPA mandates for the city's sewer plant and combined sewer overflows.

The funds would be used for development of a long-term control plan to meet the federal mandates.

The application deadline is Oct. 15.

The loan would be repaid with money from the city's clean water compliance fund, which currently has a balance of about $100,000.

Council also approved a resolution asking Time Warner Cable to not remove the Eternal Word Network from its basic cable package. The company recently announced changes to its channel lineup, which would take effect later this month.

Councilwoman Barb Marley, D-At-Large, said she and other council members had been notified by local residents that they didn't want to lose the channel from the basic lineup, or have to pay higher cable rates to get it.

Council also gave a first reading to a resolution to purchase a residence at 881 Columbus Ave., which is in the area where a new sanitary sewer lift station will be constructed.

Council also approved Mayor John Davoli's appointment of Jesse Garcia to the city's parks and recreation board.

Linda Good, executive director of SCAT (Seneca County Agency Transportation), requested that council approve between $13,000 and $14,000 ($1 per city resident) as local funds to assist the agency's efforts to secure federal and state grants.

It's been several years since the city has provided funds to the agency, which provides low-cost transportation to anyone for appointments, shopping and employment within the Fostoria area and throughout Seneca County.

Council took no action on the request Tuesday. On several occasions in previous years, the city designated a portion of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, federal money funneled through the state, to provide funds for the agency, but CDBG funds are already designated for projects in 2008.

An ordinance was withdrawn from the council agenda that would have added a new officer to the police department to keep the safety force at full, authorized strength while a member of the department serves on military duty.

City officials and police personnel continue to review the matter.

Mayor Davoli presented a rough draft of the ordinance at the Sept. 18 council meeting for council review.

The police department is currently at full strength of 25 police officers, including Chief John McGuire. But one officer will be leaving soon to serve an active military stint.

If eventually approved by council, the legislation would increase the patrol ranks from the current 19 officers to 20 and the entire force to 26 individuals.

When the officer returns from active duty, the department would stay at 26 officers until an officer leaves through attrition.

Then the department would revert to 25 officers, including 19 patrol officers.

In other business, a majority of Fostoria residents recently received a letter from the Wood County Commissioners about plans to remove obstructions from about 32.5 miles of the Portage River, including the south and east branches.

While it's not a city project, the city will participate, according to City Engineer Dan Thornton, because of the benefit.

Most of the city's population is part of the watershed that flows into the river.

A viewing of the site will be done Oct. 23 and a public hearing is scheduled for Jan. 15 in Fostoria.

Contact Staff Writer Jim Maurer at:

(419) 427-8420

Back To Headlines

Public Record


The following incidents were reported to the Findlay Police Department and the Hancock County Sheriff's Office:

Police Department

A vent on a door was damaged at a restroom at Oakwoods Discovery Center. This was reported Monday.

A building was spraypainted at Kuhlman's Body Shop, 136 N. Main St., on Monday.

A domestic quarrel occurred at a West Main Cross Street residence Monday.

A Findlay man said Monday that unauthorized charges totaling $1,014 were made with his check card.

A male was nabbed for shoplifting running shoes, belts and boxer shorts Monday from Kohl's, 2310 Tiffin Ave.

A Second Street woman said Tuesday that she had paid a person to fix a hot water heater, but the work has not been undertaken. The suspect, who is wanted under local warrants, is believed to have left the state.

Sheriff's Office

Two girls, both age 14, were found Sunday near U.S. 30 and U.S. 68 in a Ford which they had taken without permission from 9652 Township Road 30, Forest. The vehicle owner's daughter and a friend had taken the auto to joyride, with one driving and the other shifting gears.

Anyone with information about a crime can call Findlay/Hancock County Crimestoppers

between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays at (419) 425-TIPS, or visit the Web at www.

Callers may remain anonymous.


Marriage Licenses

Mark P. Tiell, 329 Lexington Ave., laborer, to Morgan R. McCloud, 329 Lexington Ave., cosmetologist.

Timothy J. Young, 2040 Breckenridge Road, Lowe's Distribution Center employee, to Amanda S. Dunbar, 2040 Breckenridge Road, scheduler.

Jose I. Hernandez, 117 E. Bigelow Ave., laborer, to Cathy L. Sanchez, 117 E. Bigelow Ave., registration.

Travis N. Trenor, 834 Maple Ave., to Mackenzie R. Huff, 834 Maple Ave., MR/DD provider.

Real Estate Transfers

Hancock County sheriff and Pauline G. Buirley to Lennie P. Shafer, Lot 12719, Stephenson Hill Addition, Findlay.

Kevin W. Gossard to Jessica Gossard, Section 16, 2 acres, Union Township.

Robert F. and Edith E. Mix to Mark Maag, Unit 3B, Northtowne Condominium Villas, Liberty Township.

Joleen A. Veit to Debra A. Watson, Lots 6894-6895, South Highland Addition, Findlay.

Couchot Homes to Thomas J. and Jeanne T. Snyder, Lot 349, Lakeview Park Estates 8th Addition, Findlay.

Holly J. Speagle to Elise Pfefferle, Unit 1, Quail Lake Condo I, Findlay.

Todd J. and Michael J. Garlock, Garlock Brothers and Ronald J. Opperman to Julie J. and Robert A. McLaughlin, Lot 19, Deer Run Estates, Marion Township.

Gary L. and Lisa K. Romick to Samuel P. Maidlow, Lots 12670-12671, Stephenson Hill Addition, Findlay.

John A. Eisenhauer to Eric E. Metcalfe and Joseph E. Phillips, Lots 39-42, Arcadia Original Plat, Arcadia.

Mary H. Tucker to Richard P. and Jui Ping Cap, Lots 4288-4289, East Highland Addition, Findlay.

Karol J. and Solomon L. Richardson to Adam J. Lewis and Ashley M. Egbert, Lot 89, Northern Heights Addition, Findlay.

Thomas L. and Bonita S. Shindledecker to Thomas L. Shindledecker and Anne C. Young, Section 35, 2.002 acres, Allen Township.

John B. Arlington to Kalmbach Farms, Section 34, 78.758 acres, Jackson Township.

Kenneth E. and Susan M. Silvers to Bob Adams, Lot 8, Jones & Johns Clinton Street Addition, Findlay.

Perry N. Hackworth to Perry N. and Aaron S. Hackworth, Lot 128, Liberty Dold Farms 2nd Addition, Liberty Township.

Evan W. and Darlene L. Drager to Heather I. Stahl and Craig E. Ramirez, Lot 114, Parkside 2nd Addition, Findlay.

Hancock County sheriff, Dietmar and Shelly K. Stamm to Deutsche Bank National Trust Co., Lot 26, Ranch Villa 1st Addition, Findlay.

Fire Calls


4:56 p.m., 806 Bright Road, EMS call.

5:58 p.m., 2700 N. Main St., EMS call.

8:13 p.m., 423 W. Trenton Ave., vehicle fire.


10:03 a.m., 1133 W. Trenton Ave., vehicle accident.

10:53 a.m., 1200 Broad Ave., traffic accident.

Back To Headlines